1. Will the PowerPoint and other content viewed in the webcast be available afterwards?
Yes. You will receive the PowerPoint presentation a couple days before the webcast in case you want to view or print it out. After the webcast, you will receive a link to the chat log.
2. Will there be a recording of the webcast available afterwards?
Yes. Within a week following the webcast, a recorded version will be available. You will have access to it for two weeks to watch as many times as you like.
3. What are the requirements for my computer?
You will need high-speed internet service and sound to participate in our webcasts. You must also have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player. Try running this System Test
4. What time zone is the webcast in?
Central time zone (http://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/time_zone.shtml)
5. Are your webcasts RID certified?
6. How do I get my CEU’s?
A link will be provided at the end of the webcast that goes to an evaluation form, which must be completed to receive CEU’s through RID.
7. How long until I get my CEU’s?
RID requests that I submit CEUs once a month. I send them in during the first week of the month for the previous month. We will also forward a certificate of completion via email to you within two weeks of the webcast. RID will apply your CEU’s after they receive all information. We have no control over how long it takes RID to post to your transcript.
8. What is your refund policy?
We will have a recorded version of every webcast available. If for some reason you cannot attend the webcast at the scheduled time, you may watch the recorded version later. Because of this, we cannot offer refunds. If a webcast is cancelled, you will receive a credit for a live or archived webcast of your choice as long as it is the same about of CEUs as your credit.
9. Can the presenter see me?
No, only the presenter and their content can be seen.
10. How do I make the presenter video bigger?
There are three lines in the bottom right hand corner of the live video feed. Click and drag those three lines to resize the live video window.
11. My video seems to slow or glitchy, how can I fix it?
The more talk there is in the chat, the slower your connection will be. If you clear your chat, it will speed up. To clear your chat, go to options found in the upper right hand corner of the chat box and then select clear my chat.
12. It says the meeting hasn’t started, what do I do?
Until the presenter starts the meeting, you cannot log in. Please be patient and try clicking the log in link at the starting time of the webcast. We will attempt to have the webcast open at least 30 minutes in advance.
13. There is a link in the chat room, can I click on it?
Right click the link and open it in a new window. This will prevent you from being taken away from the webcast.
14. I have a slow connection speed, will that cause problems?
Yes, it can. The better your connection speed the better your presentation will load.
15. Several participants want to meet at my house and watch the webcast! Can we watch as a group?
Yes, you can but only those persons who have paid for the webcast will receive CEU’s and/or a certficate. If all the participants want to receive CEU’s then each person will have to register for the webcast. Contact: raydra@DeafActionCenter.org
If you have more questions please feel free to contact us! Contact: raydra@DeafActionCenter.org